Saturday, July 2, 2011

RAIN !!!...and a new 365 Photo Project 7/2/2011

It's been quiet here - on my blog AND weather wise.
We have been dealing with a severe drought for months now. The last measurable rain was June 22nd, with a whooping 1.5 inches. That's merely a drop in a bucket if you consider that my Town has a rain fall deficit of approx. 23 inches - that's for the entire year of 2011. Our average rain fall amount for January through July is around 34 inches.
Today, July 2nd, we were blessed enough to receive another rain shower. YAY
It was a short one but very welcomed. Sadly though, it wasn't enough to even come up to the first line in my rain gauge. Oh well, the year isn't over and we just started hurricane season. ;-)

I'm also starting a new project today. A 365 photo project. My plan is to post one picture every day for 365 days! Hopefully a few of them will be weather related! ;-)
I've seen friends do it and i loved it. I love to look at other peoples pictures and read about the stories behind them. Hopefully i will be able to do the same and keep it up for 365 days.
We shall see !

Today's picture involves the small rain shower from earlier today. Even though it wasn't much, i'm sure our trees, plants and shrubs loved every single drop. :-)



Until tomorrow.

No comments: